FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adrenaline or FCP into Smoke?

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
OneMatchFire
Adrenaline or FCP into Smoke?
on Aug 7, 2005 at 9:07:46 pm

Hello,

We are looking at Smoke because it seems to be pretty cool for finishing.

What is easier/faster/better - going from FCP 5 into Smoke or from Avid Adrenaline into Smoke? We are looking at getting a Smoke and I would like to know what you lose and how automatic the process is (step by step) when you take your offline from either Adrenaline or FCP and then go to Smoke to online,etc.

Is one system better than the other for this? How much of a pain is this going to be (time, etc.)?

Thanks,

OneMatchFire

Return to posts index

stephane labrie
Re: Adrenaline or FCP into Smoke?
on Aug 8, 2005 at 12:55:42 am

Hi OneMatchFire (nice name, btw ;)

The latest version of fire/smoke does support Apple FCP XML file for conform. This file format contains lot of data that can be recreate in smoke. More stuff than simple EDLs coming from any other offline software.

You can take a look at this white paper for more details.

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/fcp_xml_to_smoke0.pdf

As far as project from Avid adrenaline, fire/smoke does support OMF file, but there is not a lot of effects data that can be translated by us.

Have a nice smoke day!!!

Return to posts index

Patrick Hausler
Re: Adrenaline or FCP into Smoke?
on Aug 9, 2005 at 7:48:13 am

I'd suggest FCP personally. OMF conforms do work well, but I have a feeling Autodesk Media and Entertainment will be supporting more and more XML data from Final Cut due to their partnership with Apple, and the inherintly open nature of XML itself. OMF is a proprietary format, and Avid only lets the discreet folks see enough data in the OMFs to do basic conforms.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]