FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live Closed Captioning

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Tom Wildgen
Live Closed Captioning
on Oct 13, 2017 at 8:52:49 pm

I am getting requests to provide closed captioning for selected live events for our company. Our CDN can accommodate us, but only with the dual browser style of live CC. That style is an extra browser that Pops up on top of the stream window with the text. The style that mgmt here wants is Embedded. its inserts a black strip running at the top or bottom of the frame inside of the image with the text.
Has anyone here done this type of CC? I'm not finding much when I do a google search. maybe I am using the wrong terms? Our CDN is West Conferencing Services.

Tom Wildgen
Sr. live Event Producer

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: Live Closed Captioning
on Oct 14, 2017 at 7:42:13 am

Key in with a vision mixer?

Bouke
http://www.videotoolshed.com

Return to posts index

Tom Wildgen
Re: Live Closed Captioning
on Oct 16, 2017 at 12:37:08 am

I not sure what you mean by a vision mixer, But are you referring to adding the captions as part of the video feed to the live stream? in a PIP somewhere on screen?That would be an "overlay" style of CC. it cant be turned off/on if viewers don't want the captions. We are looking for the "embedded " style that is inserted on a line of the player's code, I'm not sure if thats' the correct term. looking the Wowza site is see reference to: In-stream (embedded) CEA-608 captions (Line 21 captioning)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]