FORUMS: list search recent posts

Studio setup for FS7

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Nelson
Studio setup for FS7
on Oct 2, 2017 at 5:57:16 pm

I was hoping to have a professional discussion with you all in regards to best configuring multiple FS7s for live event work. I might just eventually go the traditional route of 3 studio cameras with broadcast lenses and controls, but I was first considering trying to configure FS7s to do the job. The biggest issue I'm up against is providing the operators with zoom and focus control on the handles, with no need to touch the camera body during production except for iris adjustments if needed. I've read up on the new Fuji MK series lenses, but I'm not sure of a specific studio kit I can use to adjust zoom and focus from the handles. There will be NO live zooms on-camera, I just need the ops to be able to push in and out when they're not live. I want internal 4K recording, and don't need camera sync.

Tom Nelson
Cinematograper/Editor

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: Studio setup for FS7
on Oct 2, 2017 at 7:14:36 pm
Last Edited By Vince Becquiot on Oct 2, 2017 at 7:16:44 pm

Even you can make a broadcast lens work for you, lot of other things are going to get in your way.

The main thing being that you won't have any iris/color/white balance control remotely. That makes matching cameras very difficult.

Then you have to run com, SDI and power separately. This is messy especially if you're on wheels.
Finally, you won't have tally or access to program feed for your ops.

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
on Oct 2, 2017 at 7:19:42 pm

I forgot that they make this extension which solves some of these issues:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1083143-REG/sony_xdca_fs7_extension_...

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

Tom Nelson
on Oct 3, 2017 at 12:15:25 pm

Thanks, Vince! It's actually a very simple show, with no lighting changes and not a ton of movement, and we're going to be in a very small theater. I'll have the ops white balance before the show, and I'll sync the cameras in post. I'll build a look on an SD card beforehand, so all of the cameras capture the same. If an iris adjustment is necessary, the ops can do it. Also, all of the cameras will be fixed on sticks and plugged in to AC power, so I'd just need to run SDI back to me, and wired comms if I don't decide to go wireless.

Tom Nelson
Cinematograper/Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]