FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live stream of event

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Smith
Live stream of event
on Jul 17, 2017 at 12:50:36 am

A little help please.

I will be the videographer at an event coming up in a month or 2 and I'd like to livestream it as well.
I have tried this in the past, but the music from the competitors on stage gets blocked due to copywrite.

The stage emcee & judges both have wireless mics which go to a mixing desk at the back of the venue. I'm at the front, near the stage, with my camera gear.

Current setup:
Canon XF100 + external mic - for DVD production
Logitech webcam + OBS studio + laptop - for streaming to facebook

What I'd like to do is capture webcam/XF100 video + the wireless mics audio and mix in OBS to stream it out. Possibly, with some public domain muzak in the background.
What I'm trying to avoid is streaming the copyrighted music from the stage.

Is there a way to wirelessly get the audio from the mixing desk to me at the front or capture the mics directly without interference?
Or, set the laptop up by the mixing desk and send the video to it instead?

The stream does not need to be super-high-quality (as you can probably tell) or absolutely in sync. Just good enough to see and hear whats going on on stage.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: Live stream of event
on Jul 22, 2017 at 12:52:27 am

Hi Paul,

Yes, you can wirelessly get the audio from the mixer. One solution is the Shure FP3 (depending on distance and what's between you and the board, that should work, but nothing beats a wired connection). Do make sure that you know the frequencies used at the venue so that you don't step on each other.

Ask the engineer to send you a "post" Aux send with just the channels you need. I would also get a male TRS 1/4" to male XLR short adapter since many non-digital mixers only have 1/4" aux outputs.

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

Paul Smith
on Jul 24, 2017 at 2:35:13 am

Great! Thanks for your help.

I'll take a look at the FP3.

Return to posts index

Paul Smith
on Jul 24, 2017 at 3:05:48 am

I can't find a FP3 here in NZ, but I assume something like the Sennheiser SKP100 G3 transmitter paired with a Sennheiser EK100 G3 receiver would do a similar job?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]