FORUMS: list search recent posts

Low latency video system for a recording studio

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Conway
Low latency video system for a recording studio
on Jul 4, 2017 at 3:17:59 pm

Hello everyone-

I'm looking for some advice for a recording studio buildout I'm just getting started on. The studio is going to be wired using Dante networked audio, which will make it possible to use the rooms in a more flexible way than a traditional studio, but also requires a different approach to sightlines than the traditional approach with (expensive) laminated glass windows. Several of the rooms won't be adjacent to each other...

So I'm looking to a video system. It would need to be low latency, ideally less than 4-5 milliseconds, and ideally something that has decent low light performance (artists often prefer dimly lit rooms) and have a fairly wide angle. It would be nice if the video quality was worth capturing, but I also don't want to get into an ultra shallow depth of field situation that would make focusing a challenge...

My thought at this time is to use cameras like these-

https://www.amazon.com/CrazyFire-Panasonic-2-8-12mm-Digital-Security/dp/B00...

And possibly the Dmon quad multiviewer or maybe just getting a few cheap TV's (generally each room wouldn't need to view more than 3 other rooms). Of course some distribution amps etc required to connect it all.

Does that seem like a decent plan? Any suggestions/thoughts appreciated. Thanks-

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]