FORUMS: list search recent posts

powerpoint with dual displays, one extended, one mirrored on mac

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Theo Buchinskas
powerpoint with dual displays, one extended, one mirrored on mac
on Jun 12, 2017 at 11:20:54 pm

So, this is what I am trying to do :

Macbook Pro with two outputs, one to go to main screens, one to the DSM. Output of laptop screen is mirroring to one of the displays, extending to the other. (this is done by option+dragging in the arrangement window) Essentially I want to send the notes view out to DSM, and presentation out to screen, without having to run two laptops.

I can do this in keynote. It simply mirrors the displays as I have it set, and all is good. Problem is most of my presenters are using powerpoint. As soon as I launch into powerpoint, it un-mirrors the two displays, and one just shows desktop, and notes view displays on the laptop screen.

Is there any way to stop powerpoint from taking over my display settings?

Return to posts index

Luther Bell
Re: powerpoint with dual displays, one extended, one mirrored on mac
on Jun 27, 2017 at 6:48:48 pm

Its possible. The way I got it to work was to plug the desired displays into the laptop and then extend the desktop to the main screen, and duplicate the laptop's screen with the Notes monitor.

Return to posts index

Theo Buchinskas
on Jun 27, 2017 at 8:32:17 pm

One key factor, I am talking about Mac's, not PC. I was also able to get to the step you've shown on my Mac, but PPT then disables the duplication when you take it full screen. Were you able to take a PPT full screen on your PC, and have it correctly display on both external outputs?

I know on PC it is possible, but you may have to turn off hardware acceleration in order to get it to stop from changing your mirroring/duplicate settings. There doesn't seem to be an equivalent option on Mac.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 13, 2017 at 7:00:18 pm

Can you take the ppt into keynote and re-save it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]