FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playback controlled via RS422 on Ultrastudio

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Bender
Playback controlled via RS422 on Ultrastudio
on Jun 9, 2017 at 3:32:37 pm

Hi All,
I'm new to live production and working on a show where I need to playback a sequence or video file from my system, triggered via timecode or RS422. I'll be sending video to the projection designer over SDI through a Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K which has SMPTE/LTC, Tri Sync, black burst, and RS422 serial deck control inputs. I was planning to playout using Davinci Resolve or Adobe Premiere Pro, but can use other software if necessary.

Anyone know if/how I can control playback in those programs over LTC/RS422? Give me an idea of how to set it up, or point me to the right resource?

Many thanks in advance,

Joe

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Playback controlled via RS422 on Ultrastudio
on Jun 9, 2017 at 3:38:10 pm

Don't use an NLE; use a media server or some kind of show control software. There's a pretty broad range of setups and capabilities, including Figure53 QLab, Millumin, Resolume, Dataton WATCHOUT, Christie Pandora's Box, and many others.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Joe Bender
Re: Playback controlled via RS422 on Ultrastudio
on Jun 15, 2017 at 2:28:26 pm

Thanks Walter,

Are any of those programs that I can run on my system and that the projection designer can trigger remotely over the network?

Do you know what kind of playback software can be triggered over the RS422 serial port on the Ultrastudio?

Thanks again,

Joe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]