FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live Streaming and Inogeni

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Molly Snyder Fink
Live Streaming and Inogeni
on Oct 19, 2016 at 2:13:58 pm
Last Edited By Molly Snyder Fink on Oct 19, 2016 at 2:23:44 pm

I recently bought the Inogeni USB 3.0 4K HDMI Video Capture Card for a live streaming shoot I am doing each month.
I have a Canon C300 camera (w/ HDMI output) and will be using the client's PC which will have USB input. I am going to use Flash Live Media Encoder by Adobe and live stream on my Youtube channel. I began to wonder, do I actually need the Imogeni? Couldn't I just get a HDMI to USB adapter cable and connect the camera and computer directly to one another?
What is the function of the Inogeni?

Any explanations would be greatly appreciated!!!

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
Re: Live Streaming and Inogeni
on Oct 19, 2016 at 2:41:41 pm

I believe USB to HDMI cables are only for output and your Inogeni is what you want to convert video signal to a datastream your encoder will recognize. I use the Blackmagic miniRecorders for the same purpose. Make sure using USB3 if doing over 1080 resolution. Not a fan of using client PC. Just make sure it's fast, all background software if off and no screensavers. Also suggest doing location speed tests (and actual video tests) to confirm you have a dedicated (unshared with anyone else) 1.5-2Mbps for HD, 5Mbps uplink for 4K. Become friends with their (or venue) IT people. Use high quality cables everywhere - HDMI, USB, ethernet - and take backups; and backups to backups is a good idea.

Have fun!

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]