FORUMS: list search recent posts

GOPRO Combo Cable

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Schelhas
GOPRO Combo Cable
on Jun 2, 2016 at 7:36:00 pm

We sometimes use GoPro cameras in conjunction with our live event setups to cover tough locations or angles or to use where we don't have a person to man a regular camera. To do this, we have used the GoPro Combo Cable to run a Composite Feed to our recorders or our Tricaster Switcher. That has worked OK but our big problem is that the cable sticks out the side of the camera on a 90 degree angle. The weight of the cable and tension put on the USB connection have been too much and we have damaged some of the Combo Cables and the USB Connector on one GoPro camera. Looking around I found that I could get a LEFT ANGLE USB cable made by TetherPro that might help make a cleaner connection to the GoPro and allow us to tape or tie off the cable to take tension off the connectors and the camera, without having to bend it around and put more pressure on the connection. I just purchased some TetherPro MiniB Left Angle cables and some new GoPro Combo Cables from BH Photo. When I tried to put them together to try them out, I find that the GoPro Combo Cables will not fit into the end of the TetherPro Left Angle.

My question is if anyone out there has dealt with this? Does this combination actually work and how would one get around the fact that the connectors don't fit? Is there a better set of cables available that would do what I am trying to do?

Thanks,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]