FORUMS: list search recent posts

Macbook Pro live opera projections with text, pics and video - what's the best set up?

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Deborah Mason
Macbook Pro live opera projections with text, pics and video - what's the best set up?
on Feb 6, 2016 at 1:28:46 pm

I'm a NYC composer, and will prepare projections with the opera text (titles) flashing live on the lower screen as images and video are projected above them.
Is there any program besides QLab for this?

Can I use QuickTime without the cursor or playback controls - and- could I adjust the speed of a movie in real time during the performance, ?

I am leasing QLab, but it seems to have so many issues in the forum.

Also,

my MacBook Pro, when I hooked up the video adapter, forced me to slide the projection image off screen to the right, just to be visible.
Can I disable this?

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: Macbook Pro live opera projections with text, pics and video - what's the best set up?
on Feb 6, 2016 at 9:40:58 pm

Hi Deborah,

[Deborah Mason] "Is there any program besides QLab for this? "
I would download a trial of ProPresenter and see if that works out better for you.

[Deborah Mason] "Can I use QuickTime without the cursor or playback controls - and- could I adjust the speed of a movie in real time during the performance, ?"
Quicktime 7 has an AV control window you can pop up with shuttle control, not sure how that would work in your particular situation.

[Deborah Mason] "my MacBook Pro, when I hooked up the video adapter, forced me to slide the projection image off screen to the right, just to be visible.
Can I disable this?"

I looks like you have mirroring disabled in display settings and are getting an extended window (which you would need for ProPresenter or QLab)

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]