Live Video/Audio question

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cliff Cronk
Live Video/Audio question
on Dec 13, 2015 at 8:55:29 pm
Last Edited By Cliff Cronk on Dec 14, 2015 at 12:47:49 am

Hello

I have some experience with multittracking, but a while back using Cakewalk/Sonar. The band I'm with now is looking to use projection (basically a slideshow) live. The hardware for projector/screen is all set. The question is related to the software/hardware to put this together the best way.

I would like to use the original recordings from the original artists (we're a tribute band) as reference to create the slideshow. Afterwards the audio shall be scratched. I'll also need a clicktrack to stay in time with the visuals. I may have to record a real time click on a separate track playing a cowbell while listening to the music?? I don't know any other way to keep a click synched to an mp3 or wav unless it was recorded with one originally. On line midi files are usually lousy or totally wrong.

I am the drummer and have experience with a click live using an MC500 sequencer. I definitely want to control this from stage.

Was hoping to use a tablet, but apps I've seen don't have a click with video. Maybe I should be thinking laptop? Software side of things, I've looked at Ableton and others, but they tend to lean heavily towards audio...which I'm not using in the finished product. The finished product would be a slideshow vid with a click.

I have the funds to do this right, but need help to be smart about it. Hoping a guru can inject some knowledge. Thank so much
Cliff

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: Live Video/Audio question
on Dec 14, 2015 at 9:01:26 pm
Last Edited By Vince Becquiot on Dec 14, 2015 at 9:03:05 pm

Hi Cliff,

Use software like playback pro for the video and make the slide show audio the click track, and send that to the in ear monitors.

If sync isn't super critical, you could just have the playback person start the video when the drummer hits his sticks at the beginning of the song, use black at the beginning of the video to cover that section and you should be fine. Always run a backup playback.

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

Cliff Cronk
Re: Live Video/Audio question
on Dec 14, 2015 at 9:27:56 pm

Thx..couple things. I will be starting/ stopping this system not a tech off stage. I'll just need an 8 beat count in before we start each song. I will be using in ear no one else. As long as I'm synched with the click all will good.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]