FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live video feed out of Canon EOS 70D

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nitay Sheffer
Live video feed out of Canon EOS 70D
on Oct 1, 2015 at 12:01:43 pm

Hi there!

I am hosting an event in a month and I wanted to setup, in addition to a regular video projection, a live video projection to show the things happening on the stage.
I have a Canon EOS 70D and a 13" RMBP.

I checked out a few solutions, the cheapest was to connect the camera to the computer with a USB cord, capture the viewfinder with EOS Utility and a simple screen recording software, then using it as a "webcam stream", then taking the stream to the ProVideoPlayer software I planned on using.
Will it work without special latency? and if I want a more high-quality output, what equipment do I need to take a live feed out of my 70D to the computer and use it in a way that won't burn the computer? ;)

Thanks a lot,
Nitay

Return to posts index

Chris Eschweiler
Re: Live video feed out of Canon EOS 70D
on Oct 6, 2015 at 3:40:44 am

You could do that, but I think you would experience an unacceptable amount of lag. The better solution would be to take the video out of the HDMI port and run it to the projector. You're limited in distance, and some projectors may not have an HDMI input. It's possible to use an HDMI-to-DVI cable, but not all projectors support this.

Hope this helps....

Return to posts index

Nitay Sheffer
Re: Live video feed out of Canon EOS 70D
on Oct 7, 2015 at 3:33:38 am

I thought about that... It might be a pain to switch between the inputs but I guess this will be the cheapest solution I can get... Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]