FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi-camera event coverage with live web streaming setup

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucas Chambers
Multi-camera event coverage with live web streaming setup
on May 25, 2015 at 11:15:22 am

Hi, I've been busting my buns to piece together a smart, affordable setup for a 3-camera shoot and I'd like to run this by someone with a bit of experience if I might. Here's what it would look like:

Cameras: 1 Sony PXW-X70 (stand alone), 1 Sony EX3 (camera op), 1 Canon C300 (camera op), equipped with tally lights;

All-in-one cable like this: http://shop.klotz-ais.com/cgi-bin/quickorder/lshop.cgi?action=showdetail...

1 Black-Magic Design ATEM Television Studio Switcher;

1 MacBook Pro Retina, 2.2 Ghz, 16Go/256 to do the mix with Wirecast;

1 screen for multicamera view panels;

1 Blackmagic hyperdeck shuttle to record mix on SSD in uncompressed format;

1 Teradeck VidiU to convert the HDMI out from the hyperdeck for live web streaming;

1 Mackie 1202 mixer to receive the house audio

1 Behringer DEQ2496 processor to receive the output and delay audio 2 frames and convert it to digital AES/EDU to feed into ATEM switcher

1 Blackmagic GPI & Tally Interface hooked up to a SKAARHOJ GPI & Tally Interface Breakout Board

I'm still hemming and hawing about an intercomm system. Apart from the ones that cost a bomb, all seem to have more problems than they're worth. Seeing as I have the tally light system in the setup, I was thinking of actually using Skype in a conference call mode. Seems gimmicky but why not, really? It's not a noisy concert we're covering, so big headphones not needed. I would equip my camera ops with headsets for Skype on their smart phones.

I'd really appreciate any comments, concerns or ideas on all this. Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]