FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playing Video's on multiple screens?

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chantel Thederahn
Playing Video's on multiple screens?
on May 22, 2015 at 4:02:44 pm

Hey there guys!

Not sure if this question is really in the right category, but I'll be building what my boss eventually wants to do anyways in after effects.

Anyways has anyone ever played video's on multiple TV's before? ...I work for a small buisness and eventually my boss would like to have three TV's side by side and play that play a video on the screens obviously but then have all the screens conjoin together and have them play one big image across about 3 tv's like in Tim Hortons, or Mcdonalds for example. How the tv's in there show the menu then eventually switches and plays one big movie all across the screens.

The only thing I could think of is making 3 different movies and try to get them to all start at the same time.

Does anyone else have a better idea to do this?

Thanks!

-C

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
Re: Playing Video's on multiple screens?
on May 22, 2015 at 11:47:44 pm

Have a look at the Datapath x4 Display Contoller and their Wall Designer software.

There are other solutions, some cheap but more cumbersome and less accurate framesync across displays, and some expensive with framesync accuracy. Just google for multidisplays or videowall.

Return to posts index

Michael Samarin
Re: Playing Video's on multiple screens?
on May 23, 2015 at 7:15:30 am

Hi Chantel,

If you are on a Mac, make those three videos like you are planning, put them into three different Keynote's or PowerPoint slide decks and then, have three Macs ready and loaded with those decks. In order to trigger / control /script those target Macs for simultaneous playback, use my KeyShowX. It's been used this way for many scenes in a lot of moves and TV shows, where multi-screen / multi-monitor setup is in use:

http://www.keywebx.com/2015/02/keyshowx-in-movies-and-tv-shows/

Best,
Michael

Software for multi-screen shows and presentations
http://www.keywebx.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]