FORUMS: list search recent posts

1080i mixer on projected screen

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lawrence Card
1080i mixer on projected screen
on May 22, 2015 at 9:26:47 am

We are looking to upgrade our vision equipment to a couple of Sony PMW-EX3's and a Datavideo HS-2000 vision mixer, however, I've noticed the mixer is only capable of 1080i and 720p. Although at the moment, we scale to 1024x768 through an Analogway Diventix (8022) post mixer so that its the native resolution for our projectors (Sanyo xf46), we are looking to upgrade these units too in future and I want to know if purchasing a mixer that can't do 1080p is going to be a potential problem?

I'm not quite sure how the footage will look on screen if the HS-2000 sends out a 1080i signal and then in the future we use a switcher/scaler to output to 1080p. Can anyone advise on the possible results or problems? or is it much more straightforward? (I'm mainly worried about interlacing 'teeth marks' and compatibility with other kit).

Note, the reason we are going to this slightly older kit (even though its an upgrade to us!) is purely because of the very tight budget available. The pressure is the fact we need to upgrade to HD-SDI signals to work with and keep up with our partners (we currently use composite signals from Sony Z1's).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]