FORUMS: list search recent posts

Training tutorials or videos for Panasonic AV-HS410 video switcher.

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Kaelin
Training tutorials or videos for Panasonic AV-HS410 video switcher.
on Apr 16, 2015 at 10:55:50 pm

Hi all,
Every time I want to do something with this switcher, I figure it out. But the manual kind of sucks and is at times difficult to follow. Does anyone know of a training tutorial book or even better a video series that takes you through all of the features and power of this unit in a step by step fashion that makes sense, using real production scenarios? I checked Lynda.com, and didn't see anything. I found some on youtube, but they seem woefully incomplete.
Thanks,
Rich

Rich Kaelin
Kaelin Motion Production Services
http://kaelinmotion.com
New York

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: Training tutorials or videos for Panasonic AV-HS410 video switcher.
on Apr 25, 2015 at 10:33:19 pm

Have you checked this?

http://www.panasonic.com/business/provideo/online-training.asp

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

Rich Kaelin
on Apr 28, 2015 at 7:18:02 pm

Yeah. They don't seem to cover the 410. I don't need basics at any rate, I need advanced. It is a really powerful switcher/image mixer and I just want to get the most out of it. A lot of it's controls are not very intuitive.
Thanks

Rich Kaelin
New York

Return to posts index

Tim Pendergrass
on Oct 17, 2015 at 3:41:27 pm

Rich,
I just found your thread and I am also frustrated at the manual for the 410, I am trying to save a snapshot of the switcher with all the aux outs set to individual computer sources, then with a recall I would like to toggle to all aux outs playing the same computer input and then back again. Have you found a way to do anything close to that?

Thanks Tim

tim@videoloungeproductions.com

Return to posts index

Rich Kaelin
on Oct 17, 2015 at 8:57:38 pm

I think so. I know how to program the Aux outs, assign the crosspoints to various inputs, switch what the Aux busses are sending out etc. I actually did a shoot over the summer that I had 3 different cuts going out for a corporate event...one to screen in house, one to record master, and one to web stream. That was a little hairy. We don't have the Extra DVI input card right now, we are going to order that (as usual...as soon as we get another job that needs it, so I have to learn it under pressure, lol)

I have lots of BlackMagic converter boxes, so I was just converting DVI to SDI and using those inputs, plus the standard DVI in that comes with it. I am not 100% sure exactly what you are asking. Word your question very carefully and I will try to answer. It might be mid next week unless the answer come right to me, I may need to set up switcher, sit down and test to be sure I am giving the right instructions, but I think I know what you are asking, and I have done it. just don't want to give bad instructions, it is a somewhat confusing box, and easier to give step by step if you are in front of it opening menus, etc. in order to do it.

PS, like the box, just a bit non intuitive.

Rich Kaelin
New York

Return to posts index

Rich Kaelin
on Oct 17, 2015 at 9:39:30 pm

actually, I just reread your question, and it seems like you might want to store an event. unfortunately, I am Not sure if it stores all the aux buses and every single thing on the switcher. Or if it just stores your keying settings and stuff like that. that would take some experimentation to see if it actually stores it all, and then you can store two events and recall them alternately. I actually have some difficulty programming events, it has been hit or miss.

Rich Kaelin
New York

Return to posts index

Tim Pendergrass
on Oct 18, 2015 at 4:34:55 pm

I am doing a 3 screen corporate event this week where all the screens have a different graphic source on them, but when we play a video, it needs to be on all the screens at once. My goal is to take a snapshot of the switcher outputs in one config, with aux 1, aux 2 and aux 3 each playing back individual computer sources, in this case Apple keynote. Then if I could change these outputs to all playback a video from a 4th computer using Pro Presenter with one button or recalling the memory, instead of assigning each aux out to the new source one at a time, it would be much more seamless. Then I would need to toggle back to the other individual aux out configuration 4 times during the event. I have all the cards to get everything into the switcher, but in the manual it seems to only let you save events and pip settings, but says nothing about the assignable aux outputs. Hope this makes sense
Thanks Tim

tim@videoloungeproductions.com

Return to posts index

Michael Boitnott
on Dec 15, 2015 at 7:22:27 pm

Rich,

We actually have this switcher as well. We dont get too complicated on it, but I may be able to answer any questions you have about it. We actually had a Panasonic rep come in and do training with our staff. I must say, however, that he was well versed in the technical specs of the switcher... but not so much in teaching. We found it generally unhelpful. Our best bet has been to just sit down and play... seems like you have done that already. Good luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]