FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recording a Band/Artist in a live music venue.

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Lomas
Recording a Band/Artist in a live music venue.
on Apr 14, 2015 at 5:30:21 pm

Hello, I am preparing a 2,000 word media report for the final year of my Degree in Professional Broadcast Techniques (Assignment hand in is two weeks away!!).

I have decided to do a feasibility study for a fictitious music venue that will have vertical and horizontal rails from ACS (http://www.aerialcamerasystems.com/tracking-camera-systems) as well as some cameras in fixed positions. These cameras will go to a video gallery room so the performance can be edited and broadcast live or recorded for later editing and DVD/Streaming sale (like what U2 did with their Rose bowl performance on YouTube). Like the kit in these trucks (http://www.arena-tv.com/obtrucks.html).

I come from a Music Production background and I CANNOT get my head round all these cameras.

I have selected 3 that seem good. The Sony F55, the Arri Alexa and the Blackmagic 4K Production Camera.

Can those three cameras do all what I have described? Can they be operated remotely? Are there better cameras for this particular job?

I got an email quote from CamCat who suggested their Calibri system but it's 350,000 Euros!!!

I guess I will also need to consider switchers, HD decks etc??

I'm struggling. All help GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

Steven.

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: Recording a Band/Artist in a live music venue.
on Apr 29, 2015 at 10:33:17 pm
Last Edited By Vince Becquiot on Apr 29, 2015 at 10:34:38 pm

Hi Steven,

None of the cameras you listed can be remotely operated (at least not easily). They are not designed for live broadcast.

You could look at the Sony HXC 100 with a studio kit, that will get you the RCP box to paint remotely via Triax.

You should expect at least $1200/day from a rental house. They are really solid cameras.

You can record on KIPROS (I like the rack version better) or the PIX units from Sound Devices.

Switching really depends on what you need. The simplest would the Panasonic HS50N and you can go up the line for more advanced features.

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]