FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advice on how to broadcast live footage to a conference room.

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Ragaller
Advice on how to broadcast live footage to a conference room.
on Apr 11, 2015 at 8:27:13 pm

So, I am the in-house videographer guy at a large automotive assembly plant. I have been tasked with figuring out how to rig up a conference room to receive audio/video from a camera that would be out on the assembly floor capturing footage of presenters during an audit.

The conference room is in a separate building than the assembly floor, so wiring the camera into a projector is out of the question. There is a WI-FI signal throughout the entire plant that I was considering as my way to connect the camera to the projector.

I need advice on what devices are good that could be mounted on my camera that would transmit a signal and what device would I need at my projector to receive the signal?

I am currently shopping around for cameras but i was looking for a prosumer sort of shoulder mounted broadcast camera, nothing fancy. I am unsure of the projector model, but it had all sorts of different I/O options, HDMI being one of them.

Any advice on the best way to transmit A/V between buildings linked via WI-FI for a live feed?

Thanks for the help everyone,

Kyle.

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
Re: Advice on how to broadcast live footage to a conference room.
on Apr 18, 2015 at 4:25:55 pm

Haven't done this before but it sounds as if you need something like Ustream Align.

I guess you would upload/stream the camera capture to Ustream, and on the receiving end, have a PC with a dual-output graphics card in clone mode with one output to a monitor and the second output to the projector. You may want to put a VGA switch between this second output and the projector so that you can switch on/off the send to the projector, or have the company logo up when no live stream is available - some pro switchers/seamless switchers have such a feature (rent would be cheaper, unless to be used regularly)

Alternative to wi-fi, is direct from camera to the projector with something like the Teradek. But I think the Teradek needs line-of-sight to work well. Similar to microwave used in broadcasting sports events from the cameras in the field to the OB Van.

best of luck!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 20, 2015 at 8:00:52 pm

How good is cell phone service around the plant?

http://www.teradek.com/pages/bond

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
on Apr 22, 2015 at 8:39:23 pm

teradeck has some cool things, I suggest this
http://www.teradek.com/pages/vidiumini
only has hdmi in put, no sdi - but it's only $500.vv
h.264 over wifi and create a private youtube event. A smartTV can get it directly or connect your computer to the projector.

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]