FORUMS: list search recent posts

LED Screen with lines in it from the live cameras

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Esposito
LED Screen with lines in it from the live cameras
on Mar 3, 2015 at 7:38:22 pm

I've attached a screen shot from a show recently. Where when we shot the screen you get the lines through it like shown. For some reason it's not as bad as a night show and sometimes I don't feel it's really there. I've tried different camera settings and just blame it on the processor for the screen and the refresh rate between the camera and screen? We shoot in 1080i HD and send the screen an SDI signal. Any idea what is causing this and a fix for it?

screen.jpg

Thanks to everyone for a great forum!
Tony Esposito
http://www.espoproductions.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: LED Screen with lines in it from the live cameras
on Mar 5, 2015 at 10:42:00 pm

Yeah, I think you have a scan rate mis-match... do your cameras have something like Sony's "Clear scan"? Other brands call it by different names. That is, a dial or menu that adjusts the lens shutter rate in tiny increments. These LED screens may have a refresh rate outside of the range of your camera's ability to compensate, in which case, you could try a multiple of whatever that rate is.

The day/night difference, I attribute to the wider lens opening at night combining with over-hot exposure to apparently smear the lines together enough that they blend across the black bars.

Return to posts index

Tony Esposito
Re: LED Screen with lines in it from the live cameras
on Mar 31, 2015 at 2:36:34 pm

Mark,

It was definitely a scan issue. We did another outdoor event that started in the day and ended at night. During the day we could get the lines to go away by increasing the shutter speed. I'm not totally sold on it since it does lighten my picture but it can be done if we would rather have it look better on the screen then for the record.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]