FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recording presentations with DSLR

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ispaxan Nixteridakis
Recording presentations with DSLR
on Jan 8, 2015 at 11:16:07 am

Hey guys,

I have been filming coorporate presentations / lectures / workshops with a 5D MKIII. I want to know if there is any other apparent reason of filming this kind of events with and EX1 besides the 30 minutes rec limitations.

Is it going to have any other advantage image wise? Is this going to look more professional on an EX1 or not?

I hope this is the right category to post this.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Recording presentations with DSLR
on Jan 8, 2015 at 5:39:07 pm

You could ask in the corporate or cinematographer forums. I think DSLR's are great for certain work, if it's short-form. For presentation/lectures, I personally don't think it's the way to go. You get better, uninterrupted record times, better/easier audio, easier lens controls, in a camcorder that's a camcorder first. Nowadays, they're using the same imaging systems as DSLR's so there's less and less reason to accept the limitations imposed by a still cam platform trying to do the work of a motion camera.

Return to posts index

Ispaxan Nixteridakis
Re: Recording presentations with DSLR
on Jan 9, 2015 at 9:21:29 am

That is what i thought Mark. Audio wise i am using radio mics / the cable is a minijack so the quality is not going to change plugging it into an EX1 for example.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]