FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video player with watch Folder

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Seeley
Video player with watch Folder
on Dec 15, 2014 at 7:37:18 pm

Hi Folks - Appreciate any and all help.

Pulling my hair out trying to find the right software solution for a live production.
Goals are to have a running playlist that can be updated through a watch folder, preferably with random playback.

I currently pull this off with still images using the windows program FastStone Image Viewer, would love to find a video equivalent.

Any and all suggestions welcome!

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men! Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks."

Return to posts index

Jim Brown
Re: Video player with watch Folder
on Dec 16, 2014 at 8:31:00 pm

I think you will find Playback Pro an excellent solution IF you use a Mac. Program is made by VT Video Labs.

I have not found a PC equivalent.

Jim Brown
M & M ProductionsUSA
Oak Ridge, TN

Return to posts index

Dan Seeley
on Dec 16, 2014 at 8:40:26 pm

Jim - Thanks for the suggestion.

Playback Pro is a great program, I've been kicking the tires with a demo version. Unfortunately, I don't believe it will watch a folder - or let you update the clip list once the show is started. Both of which are important for this project.

The help is greatly appreciated regardless.

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men! Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks."

Return to posts index

Ken Geary
on Dec 18, 2014 at 9:19:32 pm

One way, (I never tried but may work):
Name all your clips as numbers, 001, 002...etc.
Then just replace video clip in folder PBP is working from with same #. The DANGER in this is if PBP wants to play a clip that is in the process of being copied over. Again, you have to test this out.
Your other choice is SCALA products. Made for digital signage but the player does play video clips and is made for changes on the fly. Its not as commonplace as PBP and very pricey.
Lastly, use 2 PBP macs running and use a switcher, while on is offline, you can change clip order/etc. I'm not sure how short each clip is and that may be an issue not giving you time to re-arrange clips.

Good luck

Ken

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
on Dec 24, 2014 at 8:23:20 am

Try vlc from vlc.org

Has loop, random playback. Watch folder is the Playlist which you can have displayed on a second monitor. Use Windows Explorer to select/drag n drop videos onto the playlist. Only problem is the Play controls, when disconnected from the fullscreen video playing and dragged to the second monitor keeps disappearing after a few secs. To bring it back, just drag the mouse to the fullscreen video monitor - use the corner to get the mouse barely visible.

Thomas Leong

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]