FORUMS: list search recent posts

What are some good, professional, LED lights that can be used on a tripod stand to light up a podium across a room?

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Kendall
What are some good, professional, LED lights that can be used on a tripod stand to light up a podium across a room?
on Nov 12, 2014 at 3:24:58 pm

The lights just need to be able to light up a podium from about 30-50 feet away.

I'm not really needing programmable colors or anything like that, but if they can do colors as well as white, that's fine.

I'd prefer they not be extremely large or heavy and I'd like them to be a little bit diffused (rather than extremely harsh). My budget is up to $1,000.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: What are some good, professional, LED lights that can be used on a tripod stand to light up a podium across a room?
on Nov 12, 2014 at 10:33:32 pm

Just one man's opinion, but your budget is not enough. There are LED-driven versions of spotlights like the Source Four Junior elliptical, but 50 feet reach with significant power, for under a grand, is asking a lot from LED lighting. Your budget is more in tungsten halogen conventional spotlight territory.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: What are some good, professional, LED lights that can be used on a tripod stand to light up a podium across a room?
on Nov 13, 2014 at 3:58:33 pm

Check out Hive's Bee plasma light, which supposedly offers the brightness of an HMI with very low LED type power draw and low heat.

Return to posts index

Sean Kendall
on Nov 15, 2014 at 6:20:46 pm

Thanks for your responses, Mark. I thought maybe the LED lighting technology was to the point that you could get a similar priced light to something like a Source 4. It sounds like I'd still be better off going with a source 4 with, say, a 14 degree lens for this type of setup. I know I can get one of those for around $900.

Any LED lights that would accomplish this between $1,000 and $2,000? What would be the least expensive LEDs that would give me similar results (aside from the Bees you mentioned)?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]