instant interactive chromakeying

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ben schlanz
instant interactive chromakeying
on Sep 22, 2014 at 7:36:16 am

Hey Guys!

Í´m not sure, if this is offtopic, but i´ll ask anyways:

I´m planning on doing an instant-chromakeying-installation. I will have a camera, a greenbox, a laptop and a beamer.

The software (for example http://vidstudio.com/) will take the cameras video and chromakey it and put another background in directly, than the screen of the laptop (with the chromakeyed background) will stream live on the beamer.

Now that´s more or less the easy part. I now don´t only want to process the video, but let the user on the laptop interact with it.

For example have a 3d-environment running on the laptop and project the the chromakeyed person on the screen, so its like he is in the 3d-environment.
I think the easiest possibility would be to have the chromakeyed video running as "hidden not clickable" foreground on the monitor, so the user can still interact with the computer, but sees the person. (Sth like this, but on the whole screen)

Any idea on how to achieve something like that? Software tips? Reference projects?

Thanks in Advance

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: instant interactive chromakeying
on Sep 25, 2014 at 3:33:14 pm

The chromakeyed person is only ever going to be a 2-d layer in your 3-d environment. The next step up would be to use one of the published hacks of the Microsoft Kinect to do a live 3-d capture, mapping the color camera onto a 3-d point cloud model. You might want to look into that. Also, you might want to warn people about linking to NSFW material beforehand, when posting links.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]