FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi cam setup for Video Conferencing

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aditya Warrier
Multi cam setup for Video Conferencing
on Jul 13, 2014 at 10:01:56 am

Hello all,

I am a student. We're starting an initiative where a professional or a celebrity from different industries will be interacting with a group of 70-80 people in an auditorium.

I'd like to know the equipment requirements and other technical nuances of setting up such an event.

It's kinda urgent. Would be awesome if I get it within the day itself.

Cheers!

Return to posts index

Jim Brown
Re: Multi cam setup for Video Conferencing
on Jul 13, 2014 at 5:02:01 pm

There are many questions to be answered here.

Audio is the first concern and if you in an auditorium that is probably covered with the facility. At the least I would want a wireless lavalier mike. Just remember that no presenter can overcome terrible audio, no matter how good they are.

Many presenters will have graphic aids (powerpoint). Does the facility have a projector and screen? Is the screen 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio? Make certain your speaker knows which you have so they can prepare their presentation in the right format.

How does a computer interface to the system? (VGA, HDMI) Will you furnish the computer or will the speaker? If it is the speaker, do a test run prior to the event. You would not believe how long it can take to get an interface between the computer and projector screen working. Are you using a wireless clicker to advance the power points? Test it before the event with enough time to implement an alternative.

If the speaker is using your computer and furnishing you a thumb drive make certain that all of the content is on the thumb drive. Embedded movies may live in a separate file on the host computer and will not be transferred by saving the Powerpoint presentation.

If there are embedded movies or sounds you will need to provide audio out of the presentation computer to the sound system. This will require coordination with your sound engineer.

With this size audience you should not need imag (image magnification). Is the program to be recorded or streamed? This adds a whole new list.

In an existing auditorium stage lighting probably exists. Who operates? Does it change during the program?

Need more information to provide a detailed response. Regardless, I can't emphasize to much to stage the system prior to the event, preferably a day or more so that you may develop alternatives where needed. As the in-house provider at a municipal convention center we do these programs daily. We see presenters showing up 10 minutes prior to show time with old laptops, special interface cables, incomplete presentations, etc.

Hope this helps.

Jim Brown
M&M Productions USA

Return to posts index

Jim Brown
on Jul 14, 2014 at 1:52:16 am

Just reread the title and notice that I completely overlooked cameras. So....here is my $.02 worth.

We need to know what you are using the cameras for: imag, recording, remote venue, broadcasting, or webcasting. The right solution can be very different based upon your usage. The same is true of switching and routing equipment. Also we need to know how local graphics (power points) will interact with the live videos from the cameras.

A need not be overly complex to design and use, however such issues as screen sizes and aspect rations, resolution of each source, and audio routing need to be considered. Let us know more and we will see if we can help. Also, we are located in Tennessee. You may want to consider outsourcing the first event just to have these issues properly addressed. There are many fine organizations who do this.

Regards

Jim Brown
M&M Productions USA

Return to posts index

Aditya Warrier
on Jul 14, 2014 at 5:53:56 am

Okay. Wow, that's a whole lot to take in.

Basically,
We'll be video conferencing with that person. No presentations, nothing. We need a high res output in terms of audio and video. It'll be like a virtual interview. A lav mic for the interviwer on our side and a couple of handheld mics for the audience to ask any questions.

I'm not that great when it comes to technical terminology. So can you please explain it to me in a lay man's terms?

Help's appreciated!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]