FORUMS: list search recent posts

Display social media feed during live event

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Cohen
Display social media feed during live event
on Jan 30, 2014 at 10:03:28 pm

I think I have a solution for this using Crowd Convergence but wondering if anyone has done this, either as a ticker at the bottom of the main projection screen, or on a secondary dedicated screen. We'd display posts using the conference hashtag, and ideally have a way to moderate posts.

Thanks

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

RandallBennett07
Re: Display social media feed during live event
on Jan 31, 2014 at 4:10:06 am

Hey Mike!

I actually have a company called Vidpresso that's built specifically to do that. We make it simple for people to moderate tweets at events, but we typically work with TV stations.

If you're interested, check out our site, or you can shoot me a note: randall at our company's name .com. (Spam avoidance)

More than happy to answer any questions!

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
Re: Display social media feed during live event
on Mar 25, 2014 at 10:27:54 pm

we ended up using CrowdConvergence.com - they offer a $50/week option which is perfect for a 3-day event. you have to buy each visualization separately, so if you want a ticker and a full screen visualization, you need to pay twice.

But they offer a ticker with variable colors. You can set it to pull from a twitter account, hashtags, a facebook account or keywords, or particular users. You can also blacklist words, users or hashtags.

I set all content to moderated, so I had to approve each posting, then choose to either loop the ticker or play only once.

It was too distracting having the feed up full time, so we only brought it up during panel discussion and then only when there was a good queue of new content.

We also played it during breaks.

Getting this to work in a live event setting required an extra video switcher. Our switcher of choice is the Panasonic AV-HS410 which has two PIP channels plus a background layer. However to add the ticker as the background and keep our two PIP channels which we use to show slides and I-MAG at the same time, we had to take the output of the Panny and pass it through a Folsom Screen Pro II so we could bring in the ticker and bring it out again by simply going in and out of a preset.

All of this was at 720p including KiPro record of the show.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]