FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tri-Display Setup

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ho Chin Chee
Tri-Display Setup
on Jan 20, 2014 at 2:07:49 am

Hi,
I am working on an event for this venue where there is 3 displays. 2 LCD displays with a projector between it. The LCD displays is a 16:9 screen, and are able to take inputs like HDMI, SDI and VGA while the projector is 4:3 and only takes in VGA.
Is there a way to sync the contents across the displays? For example, I want 3 videos to run on 3displays on the same time. However, I would also like to retain the function to run same content throughout the displays.
I've heard from one of my friend that a MacBook Pro with Retina Display can feed up to 3 external monitor with HDMI and 2 thunderbolts. However I am unsure if I can use a thunderbolt to VGA/HDMI to feed through. If so, what software can support this configuration? Will software like Pro Video Player work?

Minimal hardware required is preferred. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
Re: Tri-Display Setup
on Jan 21, 2014 at 5:53:51 pm
Last Edited By Thomas Leong on Jan 21, 2014 at 5:55:00 pm

Q: Is there a way to sync the contents across the displays?

Yes, eg.
- Dataton Watchout (Windows)
- AvStumpfl Wings Platinum (Windows)
- Pro Video Player (Mac)
- VJ products such as Resolume (Windows and Mac), Archaos, Module8
- etc.

Q: I've heard from one of my friend that a MacBook Pro with Retina Display can feed up to 3 external monitor with HDMI and 2 thunderbolts...

I'm a Windows user. Mac users perhaps can answer.

Your other main problem is matching the image sizes of the LCD displays against the projector. Needs some maths for this to work.

Thomas Leong

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]