FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is the absolute cheapest method to outputting to 3 projectors and 1 monitor from one computer?

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua Chaulk
What is the absolute cheapest method to outputting to 3 projectors and 1 monitor from one computer?
on Jan 7, 2014 at 4:40:22 pm

Let me explain what I'm trying to do so you can get a better understanding of what I need.

I have a stage with three projectors all projecting next to each other creating one long display screen. I want all three of the projectors to connect to one computer in our sound booth and that computer will also have a monitor next to it. So in total there needs to be 4 outputs coming from the computer. All the projectors take standard VGA inputs.

The plan is to be able to sit at that computer and project images and videos that span across the three projectors seamlessly for media presentations. So we would have graphics that would flow across all the projector screens. The Monitor by the computer would be used for viewing and queuing the next visuals to be put up in a playlist style.

What is the cheapest way to make this happen? I have a custom built computer running an intel i5 processor and i would like to install the cheapest graphics card that can handle 4 displays. Unless there is a better alternative to doing it this way. What should I do? (The cost is the biggest deal. Were looking for what ever will cost us the least.)

Return to posts index

Jon Munford
Re: What is the absolute cheapest method to outputting to 3 projectors and 1 monitor from one computer?
on Jan 7, 2014 at 9:56:50 pm

if you want them to act as one big monitor I think you need to look into nvidia's eyefinity. I'm not certain of the lowest model that will have that but you may not even need two video cards. Assuming your computer has an onboard video output you could use that for the local monitor and then a video card with 3 outputs for eyefinity.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: What is the absolute cheapest method to outputting to 3 projectors and 1 monitor from one computer?
on Jan 7, 2014 at 10:38:06 pm
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Jan 7, 2014 at 10:38:46 pm

"triple-head-to-go" card, for the projectors.

Return to posts index

Evan Vickers
on Apr 7, 2014 at 8:13:13 pm

Matrox Tripplehead-to-go. Only solution I know of.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]