FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advice for video errors with Atomos Samurai recorders

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Brown
Advice for video errors with Atomos Samurai recorders
on Jan 6, 2014 at 6:48:33 pm

Hello,

I am in need of some assistance locating a recording error from two different Atomos Samurai's receiving a 1080i 59.94 drop frame live event video feed from our program switcher. I have uploaded a sample of the video error to my Vimeo.com account. The video link is https://vimeo.com/83512129 and the password is 1111

1080i 59.94 video path from 3 Sony PMW-200's and a Sony PMW-300 via HD-SDI all under a 250' run. Fed into a Panasonic AV-HS400. Program video out to AJA HD10AMA audio embedder then fed to a Kramer VM-10HD and then to the Atomos Samurai.

This video sample showed up on two different Atomos Samurai recorders each receiving the HD-SDI program feed. Timecode set to free run and no HD-SDI trigger.
We have also noticed this video blip on direct camera feed from Sony PMW-200 HD-SDI out at 1080i 59.94 video directly into a Atomos Samurai with FW 4.11 We only use WD Scorpio Black 7200RPM hard drives which are approved by Atomos.

Question: what is the cause of the video blip? After some research, I do note we did not use new hard drives on this recording day. Nor did we re-format the hard drives prior to use. It is possible that the hard drives used were formatted under a previous version of Atomos Samurai firmware - that is FW 4.1.

We have several Atomos Samurai recorders. We have noticed no pattern to this error. We recorded a multi-cam live football game in November with no such errors and a other individual cam recordings in November/December with no errors. After some extended reading and research, I am wondering if this is an issue with re-use of hard drives? We did reuse hard drives for this and other recordings. We did not re-format the drives for this event. It is possible Samurai FW 4.1 hard drives were used in Samurai's with FW 4.11.

I appreciate your assistance.

Best regards,

JB

BSP

(319) 210-0266

blue.sky@blueskypd.com

http://www.blueskypd.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]