FORUMS: list search recent posts

Here's a Solution for HDCP Issues

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rommie Sebo
Here's a Solution for HDCP Issues
on Dec 19, 2013 at 2:20:57 am

Just wanted to let everyone know that after going around in circles trying to get my Sony MCS-8M HD 8 input video switcher to see the DVI signal from my Macbook Pro I finally found a solution. I purchased the Gefen DVI Detective and it solved my problems. The problem was that the Macbook Pro was sending out the HDCP signal and wasn't getting the "handshake" from the switcher. Adding the DVI Detective inline solved the problem and I am going to order a 2nd one just to have as a backup on my shows. My switcher also has 3 HDMI inputs so I am going to purchase Gefen's HDMI Detective as well in case I ever need to use one of those inputs.

Rommie Sebo
Sebo Video Graphics

Return to posts index

Rommie Sebo
Re: Here's a Solution for HDCP Issues
on Nov 20, 2014 at 4:51:00 pm
Last Edited By Rommie Sebo on Nov 20, 2014 at 4:56:30 pm

Found another solution to the HDCP problem. Kramer just introduced the new PT-1C EDID Processor (April 2014). The following quote is from their website.

"Many have experienced problems with the way Apple handles HDCP, especially when integrating Video Conferencing systems. One of the DIP−switches on the PT−1C turns HDCP on or off. When placed immediately downstream from a Mac with the HDCP off, the Mac outputs a non−encrypted signal that solves these issues with Apple’s implementation of HDCP. The PT−1C does not bypass HDCP rules and cannot remove HDCP from a signal if it is present."

This will allow you to connect your Macbook laptops directly to your video switchers. I found the unit for $132 at Markertek.
http://www.markertek.com/product/kr-pt-1c/kramer-pt-1c-edid-processor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]