FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding second PC input to Panasonic AG-HMX100 switcher

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Curtis Rempel
Adding second PC input to Panasonic AG-HMX100 switcher
on Sep 18, 2013 at 5:40:42 pm

I've got a Panasonic AG-HMX100 HD switcher with a PC attached to the DVI-I input and a Sony NXCAM NX5U attached via HD-SDI. Both work great and I can switch between them.

Two problems:

Adding a Blu-ray player via HDMI doesn't work due to the AG-HMX100 not being HDCP compliant.

Adding a second PC requires a different input type on the switcher as there is only one DVI-I input. The PC has an HDMI/DVI video card but HDMI does not work for the same reason as the Blu-ray player. The DVI port will feed the switcher ok at 1920x1080i (switcher setting 1080/59i), however, the color is off I suspect due to the DVI port using RGB vs YUV. i.e. green text is very yellow, generally it looks very saturated. Connecting the HDMI or DVI port to a regular PC monitor looks normal.

Regarding the Blu-ray player, would a player with HD-SDI output work? What about a Gefen HDMI device to fake the HDCP? Perhaps a similar device for the HDMI out on the PC as well?

I get the lack of HDCP on the switcher but it is our own content we are trying to run through the switcher, both from the PC and the Blu-ray player.

Thanks for any advise/suggestions!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]