FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playback Pro Plus Keeps crashing

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Dow
Playback Pro Plus Keeps crashing
on Aug 26, 2013 at 3:53:48 pm

I'm running Playback Pro Plus 3.4.1 on a MacBook Pro running Lion (10.7.5)
The DVI output from the laptop feeds the DVI input on Extron or Kramer (has happened on both) Switcher-scaler..output of switcher scaler (VGA) goes to VGA DA...DA feeds 2 projectors and a stage confidence monitor.

My Quicktime files are playing from an external HArd drive, via USB 3.0. My ProRes files playback fine but the program always crashes when the video finishes playing. I have to do a quick reboot before I can play the next clip. This really sucks if they have to be back to back!

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Paul

JPD

Return to posts index

Joel Hufford
Re: Playback Pro Plus Keeps crashing
on Aug 26, 2013 at 6:03:30 pm

Paul,

The first thing I would suggest is updating your playback pro to the latest version, 3.5.1. You can grab it off the DTVideoLabs website

On top of that, do you know what platform these QT videos were created on? I have experienced some compatibility issues when attempting to playback ProRes files on a computer running one OS (say 10.7.5 for instance) that were created on an older version of the OS. My understanding is that this is caused by changes Apple's software engineers made to the QT Components between versions of OS X. The solution is to open the problematic video files on your playback pro machine in QuickTime 7 (or another application using your version of the QT components) and export a new file using the exact same settings as the original video. This has resolved the issue for me every time I've experienced it.

Hope that helps,

joel
Corporate and Special Event Staging Services
http://www.pacificstaging.com

Return to posts index

James Dow
on Aug 28, 2013 at 5:28:50 pm

Joel,

My Pro Res QT files were created on a MAC that is running OS 10.5.8. The Playback Pro MAC laptop is running OS 10.7.5. I just downloaded the updated PlayBack Pro, so we'll see. Thanks again for your help.

Paul

JPD

Return to posts index

Matt Geiser
on Aug 27, 2013 at 11:36:49 am

Had the same problem on my iMacs. Upgraded to osx 10.8 and the problem disappeared.

Return to posts index

James Dow
on Aug 28, 2013 at 5:22:05 pm

Thank you for your responses. I will be upgrading my OS.

Paul

JPD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]