FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi Camera Recording

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Barata
Multi Camera Recording
on Jun 16, 2013 at 2:46:27 pm

Hi,

I do a few live multicamera TV shows per year. So far I have been shooting them with 4 cameras with synced timecode and posting the show. It's a live sporting event and there have been instances where cameramen have had to stop to refresh a battery and forget to hit the record button. Of course I then don't have any footage from that camera until the cameraman realizes he's done this. I was looking into a how I could avoid this in the future and thought the new BM hyperdeck studio pro could record 4 inputs which I realize it can't. So my next solution would be to buy 4 hyperdeck shuttles.

Is there a better solution to record all 4 cameras that is still reasonably affordable?

Return to posts index

Mike Jeffs
Re: Multi Camera Recording
on Jun 19, 2013 at 4:22:24 pm

External recording is a viable option but to make sure you don't have camera op error. You would need to run video cable from camera back to your center location so only one person hits record which is added cost for cabel. There are lots of companies that make reasonable priced external recorders but a lot depends on connection type from your camera (sdi, hdmi, component, etc) and what dormant you want to record to.

Give me a little more info on your setup.

Mike Jeffs
Video Coordinator
BYU-Idaho

Return to posts index

John Barata
Re: Multi Camera Recording
on Jun 24, 2013 at 5:28:13 am

I do already cable all the cameras back to one central location because I do a rough I've cut just for direction purposes so that is not an issue at all. I have been looking at the bm hyper shuttle which seems like a good idea but I was hoping for a all in one box

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]