FORUMS: list search recent posts

Turn an image 90 degrees URGENT!!!

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Spangenberg
Turn an image 90 degrees URGENT!!!
on May 23, 2013 at 6:45:41 am

I'm running live video content for a band, and the LED screens are turned on their side, so I need to send an image that is turned counter clockwise 90 degrees.

Currently, I'm using resolume and I absolutely hate it. I'd rather use my Roland P-10, but there is no option to turn the image.

Does anyone know of a hardware solution that can spin the image 90degrees counter clockwise?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Turn an image 90 degrees
on May 23, 2013 at 2:04:49 pm

Can the LED controller itself remap the incoming video?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Doug Spangenberg
on May 23, 2013 at 3:50:28 pm

Unfortunately no. I've tried everything with the equipment I have, I'm hoping there is a box I can get.

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
on May 24, 2013 at 6:21:20 pm

This may or may not be relevant, but recently, I was experimenting with a possible production for a 3-projection show with the projectors turned counter-clockwise, and following is what I discovered -

1) turned on its side in my production software, the pixel aspect ratio will not be maintained and images are distorted.

2) If the projectors are turned counter-clockwise, then the original image should be turned clock-wise in production, and vice versa.

Not sure how the LED panels would react in your case, but may be prudent to find out with a test image before investing in such a box, if it exists.

Suggest you try contacting TVOne.com to see if they have such a box, or custom build one.

my 2-cents,
Thomas Leong

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on May 24, 2013 at 6:28:04 pm

If your playback device is a computer, it may offer portait video orientations.

But overall, I'm with Thomas. There is no "portrait" video standard -- in other words, you can't send a 1080x1920 signal. You are always sending 1920x1080. Rotating the image involves some kind of processing of the content that will alter either size or aspect ratio unless you're working in a square format.

Your best bet may be to handle this on the content side.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Doug Spangenberg
on May 24, 2013 at 8:08:50 pm

Thank you for the response, fellas. I'm going to resize the actual content. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Jim Brown
on May 28, 2013 at 1:31:46 am

I think the Atmosphere from a company in Germany does what you are describing. It is done with a MAC with 4 video cards. (for a 4 monitor system). We have used this system and it is quite impressive. Works with rotated LED displays or projectors.

http://www.atmosphere4k.com/atmosphere.html

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Jim Brown
M&M ProductionsUSA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]