FORUMS: list search recent posts

Old Question for new Camera

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francesco Biagini
Old Question for new Camera
on Apr 30, 2013 at 10:32:05 am

Hi All
I am looking for video cameras for a set up at a local theatre within the 8k each budget.
I am looking into the panny HPX250 for its 22x lens and SDI out.
Any of you have used it in theatre?
Other suggestions much appreciated.
Best
F

Return to posts index

Mike Jeffs
Re: Old Question for new Camera
on May 6, 2013 at 10:03:46 pm

The hpx is a good camera, but what exactly are you wanting to do? and why is the SDI out a requirement. Are you wanting to record to a external device? Are you planing on doing a lot of panning zooming and focus, if so look into getting Lanc controls. do you have a lot of low light needs? For 8k i would look into getting the AG-HPX370 with some focus and zoom controls controls for me its a better egonomic fit for doing live event camera work.

Mike Jeffs
Video Coordinator
BYU-Idaho

Return to posts index

Francesco Biagini
Re: Old Question for new Camera
on May 6, 2013 at 11:16:08 pm

Hi Mike
Thanks for your reply.
Yep we need SDI out to feed a visual mixer. I ve been looking at the 370, I d really love the ergonomic of an ENG camera but than I stepped into this post and I got a bit scared http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/193/884180, plus standard lens is going to be 17x.
We need to film theatre live event (concerts and plays) Lighting is generally low and movements often required.
It sounds like we are going to be better off with an HPX250 or an AC160 which seems to have the same lens of the 250 and it s even cheaper.
What do you think?
thanks for your suggestions
Best
F

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]