FORUMS: list search recent posts

Software for Video playback and graphic overly.

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Adam
Software for Video playback and graphic overly.
on Apr 30, 2013 at 3:28:18 am

Is there any program software for the Mac for video playback and graphic overlay ( LOGO, bringing up what name of the show is called and what's coming up next) I'm trying to accomplish what TV channels do. I have looked at Playback Pro, but does not support graphic overly. I have been using ProPresenter5 for awhile, but need something professional. Also the programe must be able to handle and FPS and format for video and graphic.

I will give you demonstration of what I mean by LOGOS and graphics in this video (Tonight.8.00) - That is the type of graphics going to be used.

Thank you in advanced.

Return to posts index

Adam Cooper
Re: Software for Video playback and graphic overly.
on May 5, 2013 at 1:39:11 pm

What's your budget? The systems used to insert snipes as they're often referred to in TV range from a few thousand dollars, up.

Is this intended to be part of an ongoing workflow or just a one-off?

Also, are you expecting to integrate it with any other systems, such as scheduling, or is it going to be triggered manually by an operator?

Some 'cheap' systems are made by Vidigo, BugTV, and ToolsOnAir, while the network level ones are made by Evertz, Harmonic, Ross, and Harris to name a few.

Return to posts index

Brandon Adam
on May 5, 2013 at 10:15:53 pm

-I am looking for a cheap alternative, I am not a professional company, I'm just a freelance.

-This is intended to be a ongoing workflow.

-This is gong to be triggered manually by an operator.

I had a look at some 'cheap' alternatives you suggested and ToolOnAir 'Just:play' looks like it can what I want it to. Can you tell me the price and a little more of how it works? because I have tried it on a mac and pretty much has no idea how it works etc, like I said, Im only a freelance.

Thank you in advanced.

Return to posts index

Adam Cooper
on May 6, 2013 at 12:23:31 am

Think all the ones I recommended might be out of the price range.

Check out CasparCG or Softron's OnTheAir

Return to posts index

Brandon Adam
on May 6, 2013 at 2:17:32 am

I checked out Softron's OnTheAir, which looks ok to, but can you add motion 60FPS graphics? and can you use program out to a TV?

Thank you Adam.

Return to posts index

Mike Skibra
on May 7, 2013 at 1:35:36 am

Softron's output is dependent on the video card you use - if you use an SDI output only, then you have SDI only. If you use a card or external device from AJA or BMD that supports composite analog - then of course, you can do composite anaolog. Not sure when you say "TV" whether you are referring to composite analog output or HDMI or YUV. Most professional outputs are SDI, HDMI or YUV - and even though you can output using whatever the card outputs - well, composite??

Return to posts index

Mike Skibra
on May 7, 2013 at 1:29:30 am

Adam did not mention it here but perhaps you want to see a demonstration of what Softron has to offer with the release of their Smart Playout Engine. You can read more about it here> http://softron.tv/products/smartplayoutengine.html - There is a Youtube video of the playback on the bottom of that page.

Return to posts index

Brandon Adam
on May 7, 2013 at 2:26:43 am

Thank you Mike. As you can tell I'm not really sure how play-out systems work, all I image in a play out system is mulit-view of preview and program, and just hooking up my Mac via HDMI with program out to a HD TV. How does the interface look with Softron playout engine? and how many computers need to run this?

I will be using a Macbook Pro Renia display, and use After effects to add motion graphics for overlay to the video, can this software do that? How would everything fit into place?

Thank you Mike.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]