FORUMS: list search recent posts

Carrying Case/Hard Cases

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Rice
Carrying Case/Hard Cases
on Apr 15, 2013 at 11:49:21 am

Hello All!
I am planning a trip overseas and have been asked to cover some events while in the Philippines. I have never taken my gear with me before and am wondering if anybody know of any good cases etc for protecting gear for travel. I will be taking laptop, Camera, shoulder rig, steadycam etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nathan

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Carrying Case/Hard Cases
on Apr 15, 2013 at 1:55:19 pm

I would take the camera, media, and power supply/battery as your carry-on bag; you can find spare clothes if the airline loses them, and you can often rent tripods and lights locally in large cities, but the camera is the most vital item.

Next, pretty much any cases that meet the ATA certification spec should work okay.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 15, 2013 at 2:12:01 pm

I have a few Pelican cases -- very rugged. The upside is that they will protect your gear; the downside is that they let everyone else know there's gear worth protecting inside.

If traveling abroad, make sure you have a carnet (kind of like a passport for stuff) for any professional gear that requires it.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Mike Jeffs
on Apr 29, 2013 at 3:45:43 am

+1 to carrying the camera as a carry on, but if your going international check and see if you going to a carnet accepting country. It will save you tons of headaches with customs. As for case. Pelican is the way to go. Best bang for the buck.

Mike Jeffs
Video Coordinator
BYU-Idaho

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]