FORUMS: list search recent posts

two hvx 200a's for guitar instruction videos. Best workflow/setup?

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Myles English
two hvx 200a's for guitar instruction videos. Best workflow/setup?
on Feb 28, 2013 at 7:12:19 am

Hi,

New to this forum and editing, video cameras etc. I have two hvx200a's and am looking for any suggestions on workflow. I was looking into programs like Vidblaster, but unfortunately just found out that you can't stream dvcprohd over firewire! I thought that would be ideal as we only need two cameras and the only edits will be between a medium shot of the player, and then a close up of his fingers. I thought that would be so much faster than having to use a nle. I had a look at blackmagic's ATEM Television studio, but I'm not entirely sure it's going to work for what we need. We don't need to stream, but I like the idea of having h.264 compressed edited files at the end of the shoot with nothing left to do. I've heard about some problems though with their h.264 over usb. Is the only real option to record to P2 cards and every 30 to 60 minutes dump the files to a hard disk, then repeat several times until the end of the day, then commence hours of editing? There must be some sort of live capture solution. Any suggestions? I would really appreciate some help.

Thank You!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]