FORUMS: list search recent posts

creating video content for 12 screen video wall

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bang Tran
creating video content for 12 screen video wall
on Dec 12, 2012 at 5:32:51 pm

Hello all,

I am working on creating video for a video wall that is 12 screens wide and in portrait. The resolution is 1920 * 1296 per screen and 1920 * 12960 for the entire video wall. The player is a Web DT MS1800 with 12 outputs. My first question is can I do this in Premire pro cs5 or after effects cs5? Does anyone know how I can create the video in the full 1920*12960 than break it down to 1920*1296 so the video will be in 12 independent videos to make the file size smaller. I don't think my computer is powerfull enought to handle the 1920*12960 resolution. Thank you very much.

Bang

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: creating video content for 12 screen video wall
on Dec 12, 2012 at 5:51:20 pm

The maximum comp size in After Effects is 30,000×30,000 px. The maximum sequence size in Premiere Pro is 10,240×8,192 px.

I assume you mean 1920×1080 per output.

You can work at the full 12,960×1920 in Ae and render out to a set of twelve 1080×1920 outputs, either by nesting your main composition into a smaller portrait HD comp and repositioning for each display, or by setting up a series of output modules with different crops for each display.

If you intend for this to behave like one seamless canvas, there is no good way to split up a comp like this into smaller screens. You can, however, work in lower resolutions or with proxy media with Ae.

I do a lot of large-format work like this, and I've written a lot of posts in the After Effects forum here about improving performance with Ae -- a quick search there should turn up some results for you.

What are your system specs? A project like this really needs a lot of system resources, so an upgrade might be in order.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Bang Tran
Re: creating video content for 12 screen video wall
on Dec 12, 2012 at 6:13:23 pm

Thank you for the quick reply Walter.

I am running windows 7 64bit with intel Xeon 2.8 GHz 4gb of ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

When you say work in lower res or poxy media I got lost. Sorry I'm new to this, can you explain a little more on this?

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]