FORUMS: list search recent posts

Solution for Getting Skype into Broadcast switcher

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Jeffs
Solution for Getting Skype into Broadcast switcher
on Nov 9, 2012 at 9:23:23 pm

I am Looking for a solution to get Skype Video calls into my Video Switcher and then Send program back out so the Skype caller can see it.

I am open to any ideas,

Thank you

Mike Jeffs
Video Coordinator
BYU-Idaho

Return to posts index

Jim Brown
Re: Solution for Getting Skype into Broadcast switcher
on Nov 12, 2012 at 8:44:45 pm

Check out the AV Bridge from Vaddio. It is a new product that fills this need beautifully. http://www.vaddio.com

Regards
Jim Brown
M&M ProductionsUSA

Return to posts index

Mike Jeffs
on Nov 14, 2012 at 4:34:20 pm

It looks like this box will get signal from a broadcast into Skype. But how do I get the Skype signal from the other end into my broadcast?

Mike Jeffs
Video Coordinator
BYU-Idaho

Return to posts index

Jim Brown
on Nov 14, 2012 at 4:48:46 pm

Oops. I am bad. Yes, the Vaddio takes care of getting the external switcher into Skype. To get it ou depends somewhat on what kind of switcher you are using. We use the Black Magic ATEMs (both the one and two). We take the video output via hdmi into the switcher. It we are using a Mac the video will size itself accordingly. If a PC you need to make certain the video card will allow to format to a display size that matches video (1280x720) to match 720p. I am assuming you are using a HD capable switcher.

We also use Tricasters and with those we use the iVGA input to display the screen image. It is a little blocky if you have much motion in your source.

We have also used the Vaddio Production Viewer and take the VGA output of the PC and convert to a video resolution. The Ocean Matrix box (Markertek) also works quite well.

Hope this is closer to what you were looking for. Give me more info and I will help where I can. There are lots of boxes coming on the market that do this quite well and prices are going down.

Jim Brown
M&M ProductionsUSA

Return to posts index

Jimmy Moore
on Jan 3, 2013 at 10:08:05 pm

Getting a computer signal to a video switcher will most likely require a scan converter. There are tons and tons available online with a huge variety of input signals and output signals. You'll just have to find the right one to suit your setup. I've seen this Matrox scan converted suggested before: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/680189-REG/Matrox_CNVDVI_N_Convert_DV...

As far is getting your signal back to Skype, I have had success with the Blackmagic HD Decklink Extreme 3D in a Mac Pro. I ran a Panasonic HPX-170 to the SDI input on the Decklink and was able to set that as my camera in Skype. It's not especially cost-effective, but it worked!

I know it's not part of your question, but you might be careful sending out the full PGM to Skype since you could get an infinity loop if the full display is shown in your program. You might try sending an AUX output instead.

--Jimmy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]