FORUMS: list search recent posts

Two Projectors, Different footage in sync.

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emma Anderson
Two Projectors, Different footage in sync.
on Oct 23, 2012 at 12:53:04 am

I've seen a lot of threads here about using multiple projectors and while my project is quite simple I was hoping someone could help me out.

I have a video projection I want to show in my final Fine Art show. I have been working with it in After Effects as two videos playing side by side in the one composition and I would like to have these two videos projected side by side. Obviously I could just play this joined composition through one projector however for scale reasons I would prefer one projector playing each video side by side. The timing between the two is very important so they have to be in sync.

I've been researching and it seems pretty easy to do this if I was running the two projectors from my computer, however as the show will be on for a few weeks I don't want to leave my computer hooked up to the projectors.

Is there a way of playing the two videos through two projectors in sync hooked up to DVD players or some kind of other device?

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
Re: Two Projectors, Different footage in sync.
on Oct 23, 2012 at 6:41:12 pm

To playback without a computer, you could check out the Brightsign HD220 networked digital playback units - http://www.brightsign.biz/products/

With a simple router, you can network 2 of these units, author the playback with their free BrightAuthor software to loop your 2 media files all day. Being of different content, for the sync to work reliably in a loop, they would have to be of identical lengths. Reliable and idiot-proof operation thereafter with mere power on and power off everyday.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]