FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating Tiny Projected Moving Image

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Martin
Creating Tiny Projected Moving Image
on Sep 15, 2012 at 3:05:58 pm

Hello

I am new to editing, and live event production and am looking for a little advice here for a project I am involved with...

I am trying to work out how to create a tiny image of a projected film...the idea is the image will appear on someone moving through a space...I want to create a full frame image but no bigger than 60mm sq...

the plan is it will screen tiny movies...i have had a play with my basic editing program on my mac but can't see how i would reduce the image size so when using a basic data projector you have just a small image playing...i would imagine a more sophisticated editing program would be able to manage this problem...hoping to get a little advice?

could you fire it through another lens to reduce the size???...reverse binocular lense???

any ideas greatly appreciated?...

Cheers,

tony

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Creating Tiny Projected Moving Image
on Sep 18, 2012 at 9:22:16 pm

You can just scale the image within a black frame, regardless of the projector lens... But. There's a lot more to making this work than you might realize, in how the image gets projected onto a live performer in motion. As engineers would say, it's a "non-trivial problem", and is going to cost a bit of money to execute well. Mightg be eaier to skip projection and build an LED or LCD screen into the performer's costume. Then feed it a transmitted image or images stored on the body in a hidden playback device like an iPod.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]