FORUMS: list search recent posts

Footage is missing the red color component

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tristan Hawks
Footage is missing the red color component
on Jun 4, 2012 at 3:00:59 pm

Hi there,
In a pinch yesterday we recorded our live mix to a Sony Betacam SP deck. We used the component input. Well, the footage has a green tint to it. Not the loud green that happens when a switch needs to be flipped, but just what would happen if there was no red in the signal. My question is, "Is it possible to add the red color and correct this footage with color correction?." I have Final Cut 6, 7, and X. Thanks for reading.
-mojotreetop

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
Re: Footage is missing the red color component
on Jun 4, 2012 at 5:47:42 pm

I don't have a direct answer to you question (which would probably be "no you can't", but some troubleshooting ideas to try.

Did you monitor the video out of the deck on the shoot to ensure it was recording correctly? Can you re-create the setup?

How are you monitoring it now? Do you have the cables reversed to your input card? Do you have a bad cable to the card? Are the settings to the card correct using component? (ie the AJA card uses the same cables for s-vid/YC and Y/R-Y/B-Y and you use the control panel to change the input type; on the AJA LHe, if you have component video going in and you select s-vid, the picture is unstable mess, not simply the red part missing.)

Good luck.

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]