FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hooking up two Roland V8 Video Mixers.

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
José Cordovil
Hooking up two Roland V8 Video Mixers.
on May 30, 2012 at 12:30:06 pm

Hi guys,

For a theater play I'm working on at the moment, I'm going to need to provide two video projector with two independent mixes of 6 live feeds from cameras and a bunch of pre-recorded video on DVDs. As you know, the V8 can only output one mix at a time, so what I was thinking of doing would be to plug everything into the first mixer, then wire the monitor outputs of every channel into the second mixer. Then plug the main output of each mixer into the respective projector.

Tell me, is this a bad idea? Will the signal lose quality due to it going through two video mixers in a row? Are there other, affordable and/or better ways of accomplishing this?

Thanks a lot.

Regards
José C.

Return to posts index

Joel Hufford
Re: Hooking up two Roland V8 Video Mixers.
on Jun 1, 2012 at 11:11:25 pm

Hi Jose,

While the setup your suggesting would potentially work for your situation, I don't think it's the best way to go about engineering it.

Have you looked into something like the Panasonic HVS-450? This switcher is fairly common, which means it shouldn't be hard to source from a local rental house. It has 16 inputs, which should be more than fine for your setup and most importantly, it has an AUX bus that can be transitioned.

Whether it's a Panasonic 450 or something else, I would suggest you get a single switcher that is capable of two independent outputs. It will make setting up and running your show much more hassle free.

Hope that helps!
Good Luck

joel
Corporate and Special Event Staging Services
http://www.pacificstaging.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]