FORUMS: list search recent posts

Time code and Ki Pro

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
james lowenthal
Time code and Ki Pro
on May 7, 2012 at 12:37:32 pm

Have an event coming up where I'll have (2) Sony D50 cameras and need to record a live mix and an Iso on each camera into AJA Ki Pros for each, and all need timecode.
I haven't messed with timecode since I was recording on BetacamSP :}

I'll have an engineer of some sort with me but doing my homework in advance cuz ultimately it's my butt who needs this done properly.

Thinking of using component D.A. for each camera to make a send to each Ki Pro for Iso and a send to the video switcher for the live mix. The video switcher will go the the live mix Ki Pro record deck.

Do I just need a TC generator to go into the LTC in on each Ki Pro?
Any suggestion would be great.

Return to posts index

Joel Hufford
Re: Time code and Ki Pro
on May 9, 2012 at 6:56:49 pm

Hi James,

have a look at this thread, I think it has some great info that will help

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/269/422

If you're shooting with the Sony D5x camera, are you using a something like the TX7 CCU? I ask because if you are, the back of the CCU has two component outputs. You could eliminate the component DA and simply utilize these ports, one to the mixer, the other to the ISO decks.

Good luck!

joel
Corporate and Special Event Staging Services
http://www.pacificstaging.com

Return to posts index

james lowenthal
on May 11, 2012 at 12:32:00 am

Thanks for the reply Joel.

Yeah, I'll have a ccu with two component outs. I will most definitely look into utilizing those, thanks.

I saw that other thread link that you posted. Actually, I started this thread because that thread had some misinformation which the person that posted it discovered and acknowledged later, so I was hoping to get a fresh reply to the timecode question.

So, if I have two D50 cameras, with (2) ccu's, I suppose I could take time code out of one of the cameras (from the ccu?) and send that to the LTC input on the Ki Pros? But, wondering if I can loop or if I need to distribute the timecode from the camera / ccu.

Again, if this is event the best way.

Return to posts index

Seth Tours
on May 16, 2012 at 4:23:27 am

CCUs don't generate timecode.

You want to get a timecode generator and an audio DA. I don't suggest looping timecode from one deck to another. If 1 deck goes down, you could loose timecode on both decks. That's where the DA comes in.

Also don't forget to genlock your timecode generator to the same reference signal as your cameras and decks. If you don't, your timecode will slip. On some generators it labeled reference in, but on others (just to try to confuse us) it's labeled Video In.

Seth

Return to posts index

james lowenthal
on May 17, 2012 at 3:40:29 pm

Perfect, thanks Seth!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]