FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi-Cam Live Stream

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miguel Sierra
Multi-Cam Live Stream
on Apr 16, 2012 at 7:33:41 am

what would be the cheapest and most effective way to have a 7 camera operation. That is recorded and streamed HD live to the web?

This is what we considered seven HV40s linked to a MacPro running Wirecast while streaming it live to our website.

Can Wirecast do HD through firewire? If not what would be a good alternative?

Also on a side note what would be a good audio mixer to buy for this many channels?

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
Re: Multi-Cam Live Stream
on Apr 16, 2012 at 3:45:31 pm

Cross-post this in the Wirecast forum and ask Craig for his advice, he is the MAN when it comes to Wirecast!

Chuck

Return to posts index

PauMin Sudarmin
on Apr 19, 2012 at 1:49:33 pm

Hi,

You can try Mica + Niagara 2100

facebook.com/vfxstudio

Thanks
PM

The Art of Presentation

Return to posts index

David Fabri
on May 6, 2012 at 11:54:23 pm

I have never used a MacPro to do it but I have found that it could become very laggy and not a nice look to have all cameras connected to a single machine.

I would recommend using a vision mixer to run all the cameras into then have a single firewire output from the mixer to Wirecast.

That way the machine is only having to handle a "single" video feed that it needs to output to the stream, not "seven" feeds.

Return to posts index

Miguel Sierra
on May 7, 2012 at 4:50:22 pm

Thanks for the reply's we did a test and you're right running too many camera into a mac pro is a bad idea.

We ended up getting out hands on a Tricaster 300, it's limited to 3 cameras but it worked out great!

Return to posts index

David Fabri
on May 8, 2012 at 1:56:13 am

That's good to hear

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]