FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stream with remote-controlled multicam into switcher system

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Allen
Stream with remote-controlled multicam into switcher system
on Apr 3, 2012 at 3:46:54 pm

Hey guys, I've done the pre-requisite searching but couldn't find anything for this particular situation.

We have a client who wants to produce live-streaming events in a theater. They want a multi-camera HD system where one person can remotely control each camera (rotation,zoom,focus,aperture, etc). That person would be at a switcher to cut the angles. The client supposedly has their own system for streaming, so we are only responsible for giving them the final video feed. There would also be mixed audio from a soundboard going to the streaming equipment as well.

I've already thought of all the problems that make this difficult, starting with the fact that I think it would be too much for one person to control all the cameras and the switching at the same time. I've worked on high-end concert productions so I know what all goes into it, but our clients are looking for a "turn-key" solution that could be controlled by one person.

We've done a couple live-streaming events but its not our expertise, which is why I'm here asking you guys for advice on the following items.

1. Advice on a remote-control system for multiple cameras.
2. A switcher that could also do titles and graphics, as well as integrating the audio feed before the streaming equipment.

I've looked at the Tri-caster systems for switching which look great, but maybe a bit overkill for this production. Money will be a concern at some point, but for now I just need to have some options and they can decide if they can afford it or not.

Any advice or thoughts on any aspect of this situation would be greatly appreciated...

---------------------------------------------
8core MacPro, 3.0 GHZ, 18GB RAM, OSX 10.5.8

C4D 12
AE CS5 (10.0.2.4)
FCP 7.0.3
QT 7.6.4

Return to posts index

Phil Senger
Re: Stream with remote-controlled multicam into switcher system
on Apr 5, 2012 at 3:57:24 pm

Something like this: http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/cat-switchersdandrouters/cat-switchers/product...
with remote cameras. The Anycast has built-in remote camera operation, and pretty much negates any downstream need for an additional streaming server. Quite a popular unit and I imagine it could be rented quite easily.

Phil Senger

SW Audio+Visual
Vancouver, BC
http://www.sw-online.com

Return to posts index

PauMin Sudarmin
Re: Stream with remote-controlled multicam into switcher system
on Apr 8, 2012 at 4:46:47 am

Hi,

I'm using Panasonic HE50S + AW-RP50 Switcher. Hope this help

http://proav.panasonic.net/en/sales_o/broch_pdf/bc_pdf/50series_WR.pdf

Thanks