FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wireless HD advice

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Young
Wireless HD advice
on Jan 20, 2012 at 3:30:42 pm

I work at a university and we are currently redoing our technology for the theater. We have purchased multiple tricasters and cameras, but want to be able to wirelessly connect all the cameras back to the tricasters to avoid tons of wires. Does any one have a suggestion for reliable HD wireless transmission with maximum range?

Return to posts index

Peter Emminger
Re: Wireless HD advice
on Jan 20, 2012 at 4:47:13 pm

I've only ever had luck with line-of-sight equipment such as microwave. But that doesnt seem like it would work for your application.
I would be nervous about RF HD transmission in a long term use setting.

--
Peter Emminger
Project Manager & Technical Director
Yellow Light Live, Inc.

Return to posts index

Gary Hazen
on Jan 20, 2012 at 5:01:01 pm

Have a systems integrator run triax or fiber to junction boxes at key locations in the theater. It makes for a fast set up and most of the wires are out of sight.

Trying to to run multiple cameras in HD wireless introduces numerous issues; expense, latency, RF interference and others. In short, you will create more problems than you solve.

Return to posts index

Jim Brown
on Jan 20, 2012 at 11:45:57 pm

Avoid wireless from a camera, particularly if you are displaying the output from the Tricaster in the venue. The latency wuill drive you crazy and it is not necessarily the same from day to day and camera to camera.

Take a look at Blackmagic Design for a product called The ATEM television studio which converts to fiber. It provides your video, intercom and monitor feedback in one affordable box. It also converts hdmi to SDI and back allowing you to use consumer equipment.

Regards
Jim Brown
M&M Productionsusa

Return to posts index

Andreas Wojtaschek
on Jan 22, 2012 at 10:03:36 pm

Hey Jim,

the product is called "Camera Converter" and "Studio Converter". The Television Studio is a vision mixer.

With professional wireless systems latency isn't an issue anymore. They offer less then 1ms of latency but I don't think you could use more than 4 systems at once. You will get lots of problems if you go all wireless. And the professional systems are really expensive. They go from 6000$ to 50.000$ and more. I don't know if that is the way to go for you.

The suggestion to do this via fiber is a really good one. Have a look at the mentioned BMD Camera Converters. They will give you anything you need. Allthough it would be better to use an BMD Atem mixer with them as the Atem mixers provide the tally information in their output SDI signal and the Tricaster does not.

Regards

Andreas

--

Entertainment Producer IHK
mindandvision

Return to posts index

PauMin Sudarmin
on Apr 10, 2012 at 4:45:22 pm

Hi,

If your camcorder and Tricaster have SDI then you can use IDX CW-5HD.

In my experience 50 m to 100 m still work good, if your place > 100 m, you can use SDI Cable to extend the range.

Hope this help

facebook.com/vfxstudio

Thanks
PM

The Art of Presentation

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]