FORUMS: list search recent posts

Beginner Guides

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlo Alberto Locatelli
Beginner Guides
on Dec 22, 2011 at 11:44:52 am

Hello there

I need some beginner reading about live streaming of events. I'm sorry if this is not the appropriate section but I've been reading for a while now and I can't figure it out.

What i have to do is capture a concert and stream it live on Youtube (since I have this possibility). I have basic knowledge of editing, compositing, video formats, frame rates, etc.

Could you suggest me some online resources?

Sorry again if I'm in the wrong place.

Cheers

Alberto

Return to posts index

Mike Jeffs
Re: Beginner Guides
on Dec 29, 2011 at 3:50:33 pm

Not sure there much out there in ways of reading.

I would suggest you find out what delivery format youtube expects. is it a flash based? something else? Then go and find a live encoder that will take your video signal and process it into that perticular flavor. there are many companies that make hardware to do this, but you'll want to make sure that it can do the specfic format your host wants.

Mike Jeffs
Video Coordinator
BYU-Idaho

Return to posts index

Carlo Alberto Locatelli
on Dec 29, 2011 at 9:11:01 pm

Youtube recommends Adobe's Flash Media Live Encoder. As you book a live streaming you're provided with an .XML that sets up the encoder. Adobe's online help seems to be quite exhaustive luckily..

What about getting from the camera to the encoder?

Return to posts index

Mike Jeffs
on Dec 29, 2011 at 10:24:57 pm

It looks like it depends on what platform your going to run it on windows or Mac? but i did a quick look at adobes website, it looks like there are a varity of capture cards that are compatible but my guess would be to get one of BlackMagic's Decklinks. That would give you a plethora of input choices.

Now that would only give you one source going from the camera directly into the Decklink, if you wanted multiple sources, like multiple cameras you are going to need a video switcher, or something to act in a similar fashion. are you planing on more then one source?

Mike Jeffs
Video Coordinator
BYU-Idaho

Return to posts index

Carlo Alberto Locatelli
on Jan 24, 2012 at 6:38:01 pm

Hello Mike!

Sorry about disappearing but I have been out of office for a while.. happy new year then!

Getting back OT:

I'll have a look to Blackmagic's Decklinks! we are planning on having two cameras on most of the events, so i guess I'll have to look at video switchers too.. any suggestion?

Thank you very much for your time and help!

Alberto

Return to posts index

Mike Jeffs
on Jan 24, 2012 at 7:28:43 pm

depending on your price range you may look and see if Roland has anything, you may also look at Blackmagics new switcher line up the ATEM Television Studio might be something that would for for you as well.

If you have a bigger budget i would look at getting a Tricaster instead. it is a all in one switcher CG tape playback and streaming unit. for me this is the best bang for the buck for small productions

Mike Jeffs
Video Coordinator
BYU-Idaho

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Jan 24, 2012 at 11:24:00 pm

[Carlo Alberto Locatelli] "we are planning on having two cameras on most of the events, so i guess I'll have to look at video switchers too.. any suggestion?"

I have been very happy with my Panasonic AW-HS50 Compact Live Switcher.

Link-
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/706617-REG/Panasonic_AW_HS50N_Compact...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]