FORUMS: list search recent posts

Back from our Convention, lessons learned, Part 1 (the good)

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Ken Geary
Back from our Convention, lessons learned, Part 1 (the good)
on Nov 15, 2011 at 10:39:11 pm

Here's some real-world production notes for all on this forum. I hope you find them helpful.
Just finished live production for our 2011 Convention. 5 projectors, 8 screens (2 outboard 24'x13', 7x10 screens in groups of 3 on side walls and special fabric 'waterfall" style hard set for projection mapping)
MadMapper for Mac really did the trick for perfect projection mapping in an easy to use interface. Rock-solid video playback, IF playing one clip (one play or loop). I noticed ONLY when I got on site that to play the next video clip (all HD photo-jped QT) I would get a 1 frame black hitch. So I decided to let video pause at logo that ceomes up at end and theres a brightness control, so i dimmed all the way down as first presenter got up, allowed the lighting guy to do his thing, then faded up the next still image.
I'd love to see a hybrid of MadMApper and PlayBackPro..
I had side screens grouped landscape, portrait, landscape with 6" gap between. Normally you'd ahve to use 3 projectors per side (we had on both sides of ballroom). I was able to pull this off with one MacBookPro, a Martrox dualhead 2 go and only 2 projecytors..MadMApper worked just fine with this and it was an easy setup to map the 6 screens.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Back from our Convention, lessons learned, Part 1 (the good)
on Nov 17, 2011 at 3:20:13 pm

Thanks for posting this, Ken.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]