FORUMS: list search recent posts

video wall resolution

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bang Tran
video wall resolution
on Oct 26, 2011 at 8:41:18 pm

HI all, I'm new to this fourm and would really appreciate everyones help.
Heres the question, the company where I work at is looking to get a video wall that is 48" high and 25' to 30' long. Looks like I'm going to be the person to creat content for this video wall. I think the resolution might be 1920 * 12960, is it even possible to create content for this size resolution and where would I even begin. Please help. thank you thank you thank you.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: video wall resolution
on Oct 26, 2011 at 8:51:07 pm

Yes, it's certainly possible to create content for extremely wide displays like this. For example, Adobe After Effects can work at resolutions up to 30,000×30,000 pixels, and Premiere Pro can work at resolutions up to 10,240×8,192.

How you technically produce and deliver that content, however, will be determined by the playback system driving the displays. What system will you be using?

Also, the creative considerations for extremely wide displays are different than more traditional aspect ratios.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Bang Tran
on Oct 26, 2011 at 8:58:42 pm

Thank you Walter for the reply. Unfortunatly the System is in the bidding stages right now. When you say play back system are you talking about the video processor? Sorry I'm really just getting in to this stuff.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Oct 26, 2011 at 9:12:21 pm

[Bang Tran] "Thank you Walter for the reply. Unfortunatly the System is in the bidding stages right now. When you say play back system are you talking about the video processor? Sorry I'm really just getting in to this stuff."

"Video processor" is probably a term that refers to the system that actually feeds video to the display system. By playback system, I'd refer to the systems that actually play the content. This may or may not be a separate system.

There's a lot here to learn, much of which will be specific to your system since there aren't standards for custom video resolutions like this. Since this is probably well beyond the scope of a web forum post, I think you may want to try to have some training included on the bids for the system, or hire someone to help you develop specific production workflows once your system is spec'ed.

You can do some searches on this forum for "widescreen" and "multi-screen" to get general idea of some of the playback options and production techniques -- that might be enough to get you started.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
on Oct 27, 2011 at 4:15:47 am

And here's a site that takes you through some of the basics of widescreen step-by-step:
Widescreen Solutions

Return to posts index

Bang Tran
on Oct 27, 2011 at 12:43:48 pm

thank you all for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]